02 August 2006

THE BUZZ

Shhhh, it's confidential!
Legrand 1894 : all I have been able to find on this company is an immense pedigree of a father to son successful, yet provincial tailoring business. A background filled with princes and duchesses and a so called piece of haute joaillerie called the "Wells Bells" (yes, as in the hawaiian flower) so confidential that it remains a mystery.
Apparently Legrand 1894 is continuing the tradition of trinkets and has put a 250k€ watch on the market the "Gala GLX" - the summum of haute joaillerie. A stunning event in Cannes this year marked it's release. I didn't attend - then again, I'm not in the watch business.
The press release did not mention anything about swiss craftsmanship, or double tourbillons. These marks of technicity generally take years to develop, with budgets of millions of euros. Communication strategies tend to be big, when a project is that pricey.
I'm not a jet setter either. Another reason of me not being invited. The baroness U v G was however. Obviously I couldn't get a background on her either. The tales told by attendees are related on blogs or public forums.
Clients or former employees of this company have commented in discussion groups (mainly in reaction to books about embroidery or a public tv show, which I couldn't find) but they all date from march-april 2006. Basically they all defend the values of this great "maison de couture". Funnily enough some of their phrases remind me of the press release ( "auguste maison").
So, the secret prevades.

Is this a tremendous marketing ploy? Has someone created "THE BUZZ"?

If so, bravo! It is working. I just spent 4 hours researching a 250K€ watch, that is so confidential even major publications haven't picked up on it.

AND I STILL WANT TO SEE IT FOR REAL!

Legrand 1894

No comments: